D-Wave Quantum has released an updated prototype of its Advantage2 quantum computer with double the qubits and connectivity over its previous model. The new 1,200+ qubit system is now accessible via the company’s Leap quantum cloud service.
Key improvements in the Advantage2 prototype include:
- 1,200+ qubits, up from 900 in the last prototype
- 10,000+ couplers between qubits, up from 5,000 previously
- 20-way qubit connectivity enables solving larger problems
- 40% increased energy scale for higher-quality solutions
- 2x longer qubit coherence time enables faster computations
The new prototype has shown substantial performance gains on complex optimization problems. D-Wave expects the system to be especially well-suited for emerging quantum machine learning applications.
Both new and existing Leap customers can access the Advantage2 prototype system for real-time quantum processing. New users get one free minute to evaluate D-Wave’s quantum hybrid solvers and QPUs, including the updated Advantage2.